This high fibre ice cream is a perfect night time treat – it is high in fibre and has around 350mg of potassium. It is very simple to make and will get rid of any sugar cravings.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 2 bananas
- 300g berries (frozen berries are perfect for this)
- 30g vitafiber (or protein powder for protein ice cream)
- 100 ml Almond milk
- Slice the banana and freeze it along with the berries for a couple of hours but preferably overnight.
- Bring the fruit out of the freezer and defrost them slightly (leave them on the counter for 10-30 minutes).
- In a blender, blend the fruit and the almond milk until it is smooth. Add the vitafiber and blend again.
- Either serve immediately or put it back into the freezer – when you do want it get it out for a couple of minutes before hand so that it isn’t rock hard when you use it.
Nutrition (per serving using strawberries):
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 0.7g (Saturated Fat: 0.1g)
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Protein: 1.2g
- Sodium: 19.5mg
- Carbohydrate: 24.9g (of which 10.9g is sugar)
- Fibre: 8.6g
- Net carbs (carbohydrate – fibre): 16.3g