This is virtually the same as the Gluten-Free, High Fibre carrot cake that I made not long ago. It isn’t very sweet but I think it tastes pretty nice and it’s healthy so why not?
75ml olive oil
155g oat bran
125g vitafiber (powdered form)
25g chia seeds
130g apple, grated (I used bramley apple but you could use a sweeter one for a sweeter cake)
1 egg and 1 one egg white, beaten
2tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (360 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Mix the oat bran, chia seeds, vitafiber, cinnamon, grated apple and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the beaten egg and olive oil to the mixture then pour it into a greased (or sprayed) and lined cake tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
Nutrition (one portion = 1/10 cake):
- Calories: 106
- Fat: 7.7g (Saturated Fat: 1.1g)
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Protein: 1.7g
- Sodium: 110mg
- Carbohydrate: 14.5g (of which 1.3g is sugar)
- Fibre: 10g
- Net carbs (carbohydrate – fibre): 4.5g