One burger patty contains just over 100kcal and has multiple types of foods which are proven to be great for you such as lemon, ginger, paprika, turmeric and garlic.
- 400g turkey mince (any type of mince will do)
- 3tsp turmeric
- 2tsp paprika
- 1 egg white (1 whole egg if you are making a double batch)
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g tomato, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp root ginger, grated or cut finely
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 80g oat bran
- Spray oil/ cooking oil (coconut, olive or avocado oil are the best)
- Pepper and salt to season (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius (320 Fahrenheit)
- In a pan, fry the onions for 2 minutes then add the tomatoes and peppers before frying for a further 3 minutes. For the last 2 minutes add the garlic and ginger.
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients from the pan with the oat bran, egg whites, mince, lemon juice, turmeric, paprika and seasoning (if using). Make sure that the spices are mixed through well.
- Form the patties and fry them for 3 minutes on each side.
- Put them onto a baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes or until fully cooked.
Nutrition (per patty, one patty = 1/8 recipe):
- Calories: 106
- Fat: 3.2g (Saturated Fat: 1.3g)
- Protein: 13.9g
- Sodium: 10mg (+ added salt)
- Carbohydrate: 6.6g (of which 1.2g is sugar)
- Fibre: 1.4g
- Net carbs (carbohydrate – fibre): 5.2g